Re: [DL] Re: hucksters

At 01:07 PM 7/28/00 -0400, Ross Coburn wrote:
>Actually, my reasons for disliking them are essentially twofold, and
>neither really have snything to do with munchkinism:
>For one, the system takes too long to me.

I like Hucksters, at least the concept of them as a character archetype that
can be played in a western horror game. The mechanics that Deadlands uses,
while it fits the theme of the game very well, takes too long as you say
yourself. The PEG guys tried to improve things with the H&H book and then
Revised edition, but a player still has to roll dice, draw cards, figure out
the result (by checking a table) for every hex. In the end, players just get
tired of it.

So, essentially, I am agreeing with you. :)

Martin Ward <fish@glinx.com>
Hall's Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada