[DL] Re: hucksters

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:38:34 -0400
> From: jgilham@telebeam.net
> Subject: Re: [DL] Re: hucksters

> >I've found munchkins don't tend to play hucksters very long because they
> >hurt themselves too often. Whereas a 2 Fisted, 2 Gun Kid with speed draw
5,
> >speed load 5, 6 speed load cylinders and a shootin' of 5 rarely hurt
> >anything but whatever they're shootin' at. Hell, I've munchkined
characters
> >for Overawe before (5d12+8 starting out), but can't find a way to make a
> >huckster that never takes backlash.
>

> I also agree with the above.  Munchkins avoid hucksters cause they don't
> have consistent damage capability.  The huckster in the posse that I
marshal
> for can never get damage over wind for her soul blast.  Hucksters seem to
be
> an all or nothing character.  I don't like the Soul Burst hex though, I
> always thought of them as a one on one character not and area of affect
D&D
> mage.

A huckster who can't shoot a gun usually ends up hangin' from a rope, at
least in a controlled game. No good Marshal should let a Huckster prance
around town casting Hexes. Of course, when "it" hits the fan and you need
that Soul Blast sooo much, they pull their cards and do 1d4 Wind. Heh. It's
great.

> The biggest Munchkins I've encountered are people with Harrowed
characters.
> I was in a group with one, as a player, upon becoming undead he bought
> Supernatural trait: Spirit 2 (3d12+2), Supernatural trait: Deftness 1
> (4d12+2), and can't remember the name but the one that gives extra action
> cards.  As you can see he was very much the "I Kill IT!!!" school of
though.
> This guy promptly bought up S.T.:Spirit to gain total control in little
> time, then went on to buy up the other two.  Soon this guy was Death on 2
> legs.  This guy made the game unfun for the rest of us.  The thing is this
> is not the only one of these that I have heard of either.

This is the type of player who ends up killing his posse. Not because of
anything he does, but because the power level of the monsters have to be
upped so much to challenge him. I say a visit from some rampaging bulls
might do this guy some good. Sure, some posse members might be taken out as
well, but it would put a world of hurt on the Harrowed. At least, it should.

Sinister Dexter
sinisterdexter@mindspring.com

> [...]
> Subject: Re: [DL] Worst Games OT
>
> Nick Zachariasen wrote:
> >
> > > Howard from the 70's was cool.  I agree with you.  However that movie
> > > changed my opinion completely.  Same thing with Highlander.  Loved the
> > > origional movie.  Now two sh***y films later I can't stand the films.
> >
> > I have bad news.  They're coming out with a fourth, this time featuring
> > Adrian Paul.  Hopefully it won't suck.  It IS, though, getting released
> > theaters, so hopefully David/Panzer bought a clue and actually put some
> > *MONEY* into it.
>
> The buzz at DragonCon was that it did, indeed, not suck.
>
> SeanMike
>
> --
> SeanMike Whipkey - Geek-a-mondo
> "Extra ninjas make any party, family gathering, or war scene tons
> more interesting." http://www.ninjahypothesis.com/messenger.htm
> ObCompanyPlug: http://www.mrgoodbucks.com/
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:27:35 -0400
> From: highway@cstone.net
> Subject: Re: [DL] Re: hucksters
>
> Jason Gilham wrote:
> > The biggest Munchkins I've encountered are people with Harrowed
characters.
> > I was in a group with one, as a player, upon becoming undead he bought
> > Supernatural trait: Spirit 2 (3d12+2), Supernatural trait: Deftness 1
> > (4d12+2), and can't remember the name but the one that gives extra
action
> > cards.  As you can see he was very much the "I Kill IT!!!" school of
though.
> > This guy promptly bought up S.T.:Spirit to gain total control in little
> > time, then went on to buy up the other two.  Soon this guy was Death on
2
> > legs.  This guy made the game unfun for the rest of us.  The thing is
this
> > is not the only one of these that I have heard of either.
>
> Heh.  That's why you don't let Harrowed pick what they get. :-)
>
> SeanMike
>
> --
> SeanMike Whipkey - Geek-a-mondo
> "Extra ninjas make any party, family gathering, or war scene tons
> more interesting." http://www.ninjahypothesis.com/messenger.htm
> ObCompanyPlug: http://www.mrgoodbucks.com/
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:35:38 -0400
> From: jgilham@telebeam.net
> Subject: Re: [DL] Worst Games OT
>
> >The buzz at DragonCon was that it did, indeed, not suck.
>

> Believe it when I get the official review from my close friends.  I refuse
> to see it until they do.  I'm still that upset with the last 2 films.  If
it
> is good they should rename it to Highlander: The Final Apology.
>
> Jay

> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:46:39 EDT
> From: Wecarmich@aol.com
> Subject: Re: [DL] Hexarcana (John Goff)
>
> I just wanted to thank the people at PEG for the multiple and quick
products.  And while I will be suffering withdrawal until the shhipment
arrives, I appreciate knowing about how long it will be. Thanks