[DL] Re: hucksters

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:57:20 -0500
> From: Pat.Phalen@infores.com
> Subject: RE: [DL] Re: hucksters
>
> >but a player still has to roll dice, draw cards, figure out
> >the result (by checking a table) for every hex. In the end, players just
> get
> >tired of it.
>
> Personally, I *love* the added tension a Huckster brings to the table!
>
> For a moment in time, EVERYTHING stops, and all eyes are on the Huckster!
> If (s)he has Old Hand it's even better watching one card get flipped over,
> followed by a brief pause, a sigh, and then another...
>
> *GASP* a joker, Phew!...It's the good one...

Out of curiosity, have you ever seen anyone stop drawing their poker hand if
they're an Old Hand? I never have. Seems like a pretty useless advantage to
me. I mean, if you draw the Black Joker, you're going take backlash anyway,
so finish the pull. If you have two pair, a single card or Red Joker could
give you a full house, etc.. It's been my experience that greed kicks in way
before caring about backlash does.. Just wondering if you've seen the same
thing.

sinisterdexter@mindspring.com