Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000725-3

>> My experience is that the people who hate it the most are the
>> munchkins. They don't understand why their Harrowed gunslinger with
>> 5d12 + 4 quickness has to wait for the Shaman with 1d4 quickness to
>> go first, due to a lousy card draw.
>
>That would be me.  In our last session I got two cards with my 2d4
>Quickness and they were the red joker and an ace.  I used my
>leadership to put them to better use ...

Sorry this is a bit delayed but I've got to ask this.  Why on earth would
you put 2D4 on Quickness?
It's almost suicidal, unless of course it's your first character and you are
unfamiliar with the game.

The original huckster in our group had a 3D4 Quickness and really did very
little in comparison to everyone else; the way he had arranged his stats
meant that he was effectively hosed in any combat situation.  After
realising that he was hosed, the huckster got backlash, which messed up his
personaility, the player decided he became reckless to the point of
suicidal.  He eventually met his end by riding into a camp of awakened
Indians to rescue his friends. He couldn't ride and when an Indian
accidentally shot his horse it stopped in the middle of the camp,  Failing
his ridin roll miserably, he sat there and burned fate chips trying to
survive, until he decided to go out with a bang.  He used Trinkets and got a
good enough hand to pull some Nitro, however the well canny Indian chief,
knew of white mans compounds and made a wild guess at what he was doing.
The chief using the card up his sleeve decided to break into the Hucksters
action,  opposed Quickness rolls, 3XD4 vs 4D8, the huckster didn't have a
chance, and so provided a nice distraction for the rest of the posse to
escape as he went up with a loud bang.

Roy "loves it when his posse's plan comes together.... but not as they
expected it" Spence