[DL] Re:

>Tha Baron said,
>
> > That is very much my inclination.  all the PCs doing this had at least
> > average Mien in this case.  But I have seen a really Glib fellow do this
> > with a "Ugly as Sin and mean as a Rattler" PC with 6d Mien (not bad) and
>0
> > Persuade.  His reasoning was he was Roleplaying well therefore should
>not
> > *have* to degrade the conversation to die rolls.  I was not running that
>game.
By that kind of logic, someone who is an SAS trained commando shouldn't have
to degrade combat to die rolls. It should just be assumed he kills everyone.
In my game, I use a combination technique. PC's have to say what they're
saying, then roll. I determine TN modifiers from how well they spoke, and
determine how successful they were from the roll.
Reuben McCallum