[DL] Re:colt paterson

>    Hmm. This, and the original site, have the Paterson 1837 listed and
>shown as a SA pistol. Does anyone know anything about this? Were there two
>Colt Patersons? Or has this site, which seems well-informed and researched,
>just screwed up royally?

I know that Paterson worked with Sam Colt for a while, and the revolvers,
including the revolving rifle, and shotgun and a handgun are refered to
as Colt Paterson. I don't know the details of the relationship between
Colt and Paterson.

Also check out the SASS website, an orginization that does wild west
shooting compititions. It has good links.
http://www.sassnet.com/

Andrew Grim
Private, 9th US Infantry