Re: [DL] A fine British revolver...

| A little research turned up the name Webley Mk. I.  It was the
standard of the
| British Army in 1887 and successive Webley models were adopted until
1947.
| (T.E. Lawrence, aka "Lawrence of Arabia" carried one.)  Actual dates
of
| manufacture weren't listed, but one can assume that it existed for a
few years
| before it could be considered for the Army trials.

It's definately not the Webley Mark I, the Mark I was a standard
double action revolver.
However, after 3 hours of searching the web I stumbled across this
single reference to the weapon I was looking for (and it had a picture
too)...
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976056295.htm

The Webley Fosberry .455 Automatic Revolver. Still can't find any
dates for it though...

Eric

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so Brain, but Snowball for Windows?"