SV: [DL] Is this place dead or what?

> Hey that's below the belt!
>
> 1. I don't actually drive.
> 2. The midwest has had gencon for 20 years now, you don't think the rest of
> the free world deserves a major convention once in a while.
> 3. It's a question of resource allocation I put my money where it will do
> the most good.  Games, gameing supplies, and pizza.
> 4. I would love to have a convention in my back yard but there isn't enough
> room for the gameing tables *and* the booths so we'd have to play on the
> upstairs deck.
>
> Ron "Loopy and offended" Conner

Now stop yer whining, boys and girls. Try living somewhere in Europe (other than the UK). Drive? To a con? Well, that must be Arcon in Oslo, biggest Scandinavian con, if I remember right. It has about 1,000 people every year. Might be that the swedes have something bigger, I don't know.

Even Gencon UK is a $400 (at LEAST) flight away. And then it is transport too and from the airport, and boarding, and food and so on. =(

I indend to go to GenCon (the real thing, not GCUK) some day. But, it'll be expensive, so I guess it'll have to wait. Aw well.

Now, picture yourselves living in Australia --

Marshal Ole I. Stene