[DL] The Devil Went Out To Washington

     (To the tune of "Devil Went Down To Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels Band.)

     The Devil went out to Washington,
     he was lookin' fer a soul to steal.
     He was in a bind cause he was way behind,
     he was lookin' to make a deal.

     Then he came upon a young man makin' notes behind a screen.
     So the Devil pulled a chair up and said "Boy, lemme set this scene."

     "Now you may not have realized, son, but I'm a Marshal, too.
     And if you'd care to take a dare, I've a little wager fer you.
     Now you spin the yarns pretty good, pre-published or homebrew.
     But I've a screen of gold against yer soul, cause I think I'm better than
you."

     "Well, Devil, my name's Doctor X, and it might be a sin.
     But I'll have that screen if you know what I mean, cause I'm the best
there's ever been!"

     Doctor X, pick up your dice and shuffle up yer cards.
     Cause The Devil's sittin' 'hind the screen and you know he slings 'em hard.

     And if you win, you'll get this shiny screen made out of gold.
     But if you lose, The Devil gets your soul!

     The Devil whipped his dicebag out and said "Let's start this, now."
     And fire flew from his fingertips as he laid his minis down.
     Then he drew three chips from the Fate Pot, and you KNOW all three were
blue.
     And a Posse of demons all showed up and they gamed the whole night through.

     When The Devil handed out Bounty Points, Doctor X said "Well, that's nice.
     But you'd best grab onto yer character sheet, cause you're in for one hell
of a fright!"

     He ran...

     This Harrowed Ground and Night Train, too.
     Bloody Ol' Muddy and a few homebrew.
     For-bidden Gods and Ground Ze-ro.
     Skinners and the Devil's Tower trio.

     The Devil packed his dice up, cause he knowed that he was beat.
     And he laid that screen of solid gold at Doctor X's feet.
     The Doctor said "Devil, just come on back any time you think you got the
stones."
     Then the Doctor set his screen up and went back to takin' notes.

     He'd run...

     This Harrowed Ground and Night Train, too.
     Bloody Ol' Muddy and a few homebrew.
     For-bidden Gods and Ground Ze-ro.
     Skinners and the Devil's Tower trio.
     ----
     Going to be running Deadlands Friday night at 7 at the Game Matrix in
Lakewood again.
     E-mail doctorx@aa.net or call The Game Matrix at(253) 583-9708 for
directions.