Re: [DL] Is this place dead or what?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Abdullah Oblongota" <toadpooka@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [DL] Is this place dead or what?

> Well, I don't care if the attendance at Origins drops to 3, I'm still
> going. Origins is in gerneral a lot more ufn than GenCon, mainly because
> you don't have the pressure of trying to do a million things at once. Not
> every company has a new game that you want to check out; you can lie back
> and have a drink.
> and another...
> and another...

I have to agree Abdullah...
In the past few years I've attended every Origins that was held in Columbus.
Except for this year, I've been to every GenCon within that time as well.

IMHO... I had more fun at Origins.

True in past years there was a lot of Magic stuff going on. As a recovering
Magic
player, I can see its draw. However, I still have to classify Origins more
towards
Wargaming.

I like the war college events (especially National Security Decision
Making).
However I would like to see more RPG related events at Origins.

Then again I'd also like to see Con Guests that make sense too...
Don't get my wrong, James Marsters is a cool guest but what the sam does he
have to
do with any game.

Is there a Buffy CCG, RPG, LARP coming out? If there is I've never heard
about it.

Now I can hear the catcalls now... what does Bruce Campbell have to do with
RPGs?
Not a thing... but at least he was in a Deadlands LARP.

I think I'll stop my rant here...
Daedelus