Re: [DL] Hexslingers and focus-dependent

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:52:11 EDT, deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:

>  In a message dated 8/21/00 7:41:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fish@glinx.com
>  writes:
>
>  << A hexslinger needs a focus, typically his gun, to do hexes. Is this a
>   Hindrance? (As the sample Hexslinger template has a 1 pt focus-dependent
>   Hindrance.) What if the hexslinger loses his focus? (I suspect he
shouldn't
>   be able to do any hexing.) >>
>
>      A hexslinger needs a *gun* to make most -- though not all -- of his
hexes
>  work.  This could be any ol' gun, or it could be his favorite engraved
>  Peacemaker that Wyatt Earp gave him for his birthday. The latter,
obviously,
>  could be a focus if he wants to take it as such (as the Archetype did),
with
>  all the benefits and drawbacks attendant on doing so.
>      But simple loss of a gun, per se, wouldn't prevent him from casting
>  hexes.  He'd just need to find another gun. :)
>
>  Steve Long

Sadly I have to disagree with Steve.  I know he has more knowledge of this
than I do but If you are focus dependant then the loss of your focus causes
at least a -1 to -2 penalty to all hexslinging rolls.  It's in the book, I
just don't have the page number in front of me.

Ron Conner"Mary, bloody mary quite contrary."

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html