Re: [DL] PEG Internal Art

Subject: [DL] PEG Internal Art

OK, sorry if my original post came over as too much of a rant, I was
just disappointed in the art quality.  I personally am completely sold
on the Weird West stuff that PEG produces - in fact almost the
only RPG product that I buy at the moment is Deadlands, with the
exception of a little Feng Shui (tight budgets are a pain).  And to be
honest, yes, I would far rather have a decent supplement, with bad
pictures than have a rotten supplement that looks good.  I was just
shocked when I found myself thinking, as I looked over Hexarcana, if
it wasn't for the fact that I know the quality of the writing and
what's in the book - I could easily have left it on the shelf after
flicking through it.

I thought that there would be some reason for, what I see as, the
sharp decline in the art in Hexarcana, which is why I tagged the
message for John Goff's attention in the first place. Also from my
experiences on this list, I figured PEG for a company who were
genuinely interest in what their fans thought of the book, so I gave
my gripes and tried not to hold back any punches which is why it ended
up as a rant.  I didn't know the gripe had already been aired on the
Forum or I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I'm not personally dissatisfied with Hexarcana, and it was an
essential buy for our group - and I am more than happy with what I got
for my money, however I thought that as far as the art was concerned -
it could have been better.  Maybe I didn't articulate my satisfaction
as well as I did my disatisfaction, if so I hope this has balanced
things a bit.

However maybe if I had used my brain I would have figured out why the
art in Doomtown or Bust was so good :-)

Roy "keeps it in a glass jar on his desk" Spence
All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses
and vandals.