Re: [DL] 2-Gun Kid (Mr. Long) was Law Dogs and Revised Edition Rules

In a message dated 8/28/00 1:32:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
horaceblack@yahoo.com writes:

<<   I would agree with you about two gun kid being unbalancing, what I would
like to know is how you would change this edge. >>

    Well, I haven't given it much thought in terms of creating a universal
solution. But I can tell you what I did in my own campaign.
    The problem arises because when LD was written, a double-action pistol
could only fire once per action. Thus, a Two-Gun Kid was firing twice per
action, which isn't horribly unbalancing.  But under the new rules, DAs fire
*twice* per action, so a 2GK gets to fire *four* times per action. Not only
is this unbalancing, it really slows down the game.
    So, I changed back to the old rules. DAs fire once per action, SAs
require two cards to fire, unless you fan (I also have new rules for fanning
which make it worth using).
    I certainly can't recommend this solution across the board, but I expect
if someone were paying me to work on the problem, I could devise a revision
that would be universally workable. :)

Steve Long