Re: [DL] 2-Gun Kid

Allan Seyberth wrote
>  >  I would agree with you about two gun kid being
>  >unbalancing, what I would like to know is how you
>  >would change this edge.
>  >                                  Horace Black
>
> I don't know if it needs changing that much.  Even without the edge, you
> can still fire four shots an action.

I think this is more of a problem with the system rather than a
problem with the edge.  The revised rules effectively double the
rate of fire of guns in comparison with everything else, this
may be more realistic, however it does create some problems.  Don't
get me wrong I think PEG was right to get rid of weapon speeds, I
just think they should have made a different rule concerning DA
pistols.

Rolling four times for each of the shots, then four times for
location and four lots of damage, and four lots for wind
becomes excessive die rolling for each action and leaves too
many players sitting on their hands for too long.  I already
ignore stun rules in an effort to speed up combat as I found that
people were losing interest!

I'm considering making some changes to DA pistols to prevent
this excessive rolling.

1) One roll for both bullets from the gun, with a raise to hit
with the second bullet (as per gattling pistols).  However the
second bullet automatically hits the same location as the first,
and it adds extra dice to the first bullets damage roll to cover
for the second bullet (say you add the damage for the bullet less
one dice), i.e. Jack hits a guy on the head, with both bullets, he
rolls 3d6 (for first bullet) + 2D6 (for second bullet) + 2D6 (for the
head shot) doing 7D6 in total.

I haven't thought this through fully yet: it is less effective
for called shots, but more effective against armour, (counting
armour effects twice makes it more of a mathematical problem rather
than a quick resolution method)

2) Make DA pistols the same rate of fire as SA pistols, maybe with a
+1 or 2  for accuracy due to their greater speed?

3) Increasing the penalties for called shots with DA pistols -
double could be a bit severe, maybe approximately 1.5x ?

Any thoughts?.

Roy

All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses