Re: [DL] Hi-ya!

Dane & Melody wrote:

> We're assuming he's changing over to the new system. <evil grin>  So,
> does the MA need to take, say, Fightin': MA _and_ any additional weapon
> aptitudes (e.g., shuriken, sword, kau-sin-ke, etc.)?

Correct, although, in my opinion, you might want to simplify some of the
Fightin': Weapon skills, such as "Long Sword", for Chinese Broadswords
or Tai-Chi Lionhead swords.  Or "Thrown Weapons" for daggers, improvised
weapons, etc.

Of course, specialized and unique weapons like the kau-sin-ke should
require their own skills (the Flying Guillotine), but those are pretty
obvious.

This new skill method also makes sense, if you consider that a Martial
Artist could get unlimited use of all chinese weapons for the same skill
points a westerner gets to spend on Boxing, according to the old rules.

By the way, I recently got to see Tai-Chi Master (or "Twin Warriors")
with Jet Li and Chin Siu-hou.  Really really good stuff.  Woo-ping Yuen
0wnz j00.
--
                      Chris Nelson <cnelsonweb@hotmail.com>
                                             HTML Terrorist