Re: [DL] D20 Book?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Conner" <marshal_dude@excite.com>

> What is a D20 book and why should I care.  I mean if they made one for
> deadlands of course it would be different.  A d20 book, of course.  I mean
> come on, wouldn't you buy a d20 book, even if it wasn't deadlands...
>
> You can just smell the confusion.
>
> Ron "SnIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" Conner

D20 is the brand name for the new D&D rules system used in 3E. The question
comes because WotC has made it open policy to freely license this new
version of the rules so that all kinds of companies can make RPGs that use
this system. It's the *free* paret that I think caught many people by
suprise. WotC just wants to increase the use and sales of their new game.

As far as PEG goes, I think that they see this as a possible opportunity to
add a new range of potential customers by increasing the accesability of
their game as well. Much like how GURPS has liscenced suppliments for
Vampire, Traveller, Werewolf (and soon Deadlands as well).

In my mind it would be both interesting to see, and useless to me. I'd buy
it to check it out, since it's Deadlands. But I love the current rules very
much, and the D&D rules (even the new streamlined, *less* rediculous rules)
still don't quite do it for me.

Chris Aniballi
And that, my friends, is the rest of the story...
The piano is firewood, Times Square is a dream
I find we'll lay down together in the cold, cold ground
Tom Waits - "Cold Cold Ground"