Re: [DL] D20 Book?

I can think of no stranger crossover than Deadlands and D&D.

The storylines are too different to make any kind of sense.  Not to mention
the differences in universe, time frame, and general system of belief.

D&D is something totally alien to the Judeo christian tradition.  It has
it's own gods, goddesses and religions.  Magic comes under a totally
different system of use and abuse.  The end run around this would be a wild
sort of planescape adventure but any character would be lost from one game
to the next.  This isn't to say that you couldn't move elements from one to
the next.  Bards in particular are something i've been thinking about
attempting a crossover with.  The monstous manual would make a gruesome if
not totally outragous set of baddies to throw at a party..."What do you mean
we're fighting Shadow Dragons!"    Don't think It could go the other way.
D&D has never been much for serious horror.  They don't seem to hold to any
one time and they don't have any real world point from which to hold a
mirror to.  The do it yourself attitude of D&D has always been, build your
own world and do it your way.  Time isn't important, it's always midevil.
Guns don't really work yet.  You can't even invent ones that do.  science is
left to the bumbleing gnomes and the wizards control everything worth
controling.

I perpose a dual.  My uber-ranger against raistlin, or fistandatalus
I'll use my kung-fu harrowed, mad science to seriously kick his butt.  And
just to be fair I won't even use my tempest power.

Ron "Still don't think I covered the origonial post but I'll try again
later" Conner

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html