Re: [DL] Law Dogs Stuff

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:22:50 +1000, deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:

>  Hi List.
>
>  I was reading the new rules in Law Dogs today (about gunplay and expanded
>  gun list) and have the following questions/comments:'

Law dogs is currently out of date.  And out of print amazeingly.
the new rules for combat can be found in the players guide.

>  1. If the Quick Draw skill now covers drawing and cocking the hammer of
S/A
>  revolvers with a TN of 7, does this mean that for turn 1 of shooting, it
>  becomes a speed 1?

Speed is irrelevant.
under the new rules guns have no speed.
But to answer your question yes.  No.  The effect make the gun still have a
speed of 2 but instead of three actions to shoot it only takes 2.  One to
quickdraw and cock and then one to shoot.

>  2. How come S/A revolvers get a speed 2 rating anyway? I regularly shoot
cap
>  and ball as well as S/A and D/A revolvers (target, silhouette and western
>  action) and there really isn't *that* much of a difference in the speed
that
>  you can get shots away. (well at least shots that will hit a man sized
>  target)

There has to be some working difference.  The effect of not haveing to cock
the hammer in combat is not dramatic I'll grant you but there has to be a
balance.  SA has fanning at slower speeds, DA has faster shooting but no
neat ability.

>  3. Same sort of criticism of the penalty for quickdrawing C&B revolvers.
>  There really isn't that much difference.

I would agree but I have no experiance in that field.

>  4. Just a note about C&B revolvers. I have tried fanning my own revolver
and
>  some others. For a C&B revolver to get reliable ignition, you need to
have
>  the main spring heavy enough to crush the caps. This kinda hurts your
hand
>  (a lot) when you try to fan the hammer. Seems to work O.K with S/A
western
>  action cartridge guns though as they have a much lighter spring/hammer.

Can't help ya there, If you want to use the fannin rules for CB in your game
go ahead.  I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html