Re: [DL] Re: need a quick blessed ruling

--- travis lide <sinisterdexter@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Actually, that is right. And why doesn't everyone
> take it? I don't know!
> Probably because then they have to play God-fearin',
> church goin' types who
> obey the law and don't sin. And most players don't
> feel like doing that.

I beg to differ here.  My character has a point of
Faith for a good reason: she talked a preacher back to
his Faith when he had given up the light.  Took me 45
minutes of talkin', a good sprinklin' of Bible quotes
(had to make that base 4d4 Knowledge roll for Theology
to get to use a Bible to find a quote!) but it worked,
she got him back on his horse.  Even got a Blue Chip
for the effort.

At the end of the module it made sense that the
experience had effected her in some way, so I bought a
point of Faith to reflect that.  And yes, I now am
subject to the a modified sinnin' table (because I'm
not fully Blessed), but fortunetly Maggie hasn't
committed anything needing the roll yet.  And yes, she
does swear and she has killed (but not murdered).
I've been informed by the Marshall that outright
cold-blooded murder would indeed be a sinnin' check.

Maggie's second point of Faith came from, boling this
down, having a discussion with Five Geese about what
happens to you when you die.  She insists on burying
every thug she has to kill and stumbling through the
prayers for the dead in her non-existence Latin, and
he asked her about it.  Got to make Theology rolls for
conversion on that one, and netted us both Red Chips.

Barring any hugely religious events, that's all the
Faith Maggie will ever have.  It doesn't really effect
her style, it was bought to reflect that she has a set
of beliefs (she's Catholic), and she sticks to them
and will share with others when asked.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen