RE: [DL] Pinnacle sold... (now with On-Topic Additive)

<snip>
> Now, here's my question:  Would this hurt the industry?  Like it hurt
> the computer industry?

First of all I think this course of events is relative unlikely.  I've been
board wargaming since I was 14 (1976) and role playing since college (early
1980s) and I have yet to see such a change in the focus of the industry.
When I say focus I mean a shift from the niche market to the mainstream.

If it did happen (as it seems to have happened to the computer game
industry) I'd say that the results would be similar.  There would still be
some really cool, really well written games (ala Deadlands, etc) but there
would be a *huge* pile of **** (ala all the Hunting games, Sierra dropping
the Babylon 5 simulator to market Professional Bull Rider, etc) to wade
through to find the gems.

Jim H.