Re: [DL] Combined format?

In a message dated 09/23/2000 11:21:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
coburn@sympatico.ca writes:

> I realize that combined books are designed to cross-pollinate (for lack of a
>  better term) the various product lines.  In my case, they will not, and I
>  will be FAR less likely to buy a book that only marginally relates to my
PEG
>  game of choice.

In this area I am afraid that I must agree with Mr. Coburn.  While I enjoy
the Weird West, the Wasted West, and Lost Colony (as I am not big into
science fiction games) do not interest me.  Thus, while I am interested in
the overall storyline, it is not enough of an interest for me to sustain my
purchasing habits of books should they only marginally deal with the area of
the Weird West.

While I may not NEED other books to run the game, regional sourcebooks are
always interesing.  I tend to run storylines that are not central to the
overall plot anyway so I like broad regional overviews.

While I realize that this is not only a passion, but also a business for you
folks at PEG, I hope that you all will consider making line specific products
as well.

Walt Carmichael

My $.02 cents added to the piggy bank.