[DL] Re: Combined format?

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 23:23:19 -0400
> From: coburn@sympatico.ca
> Subject: [DL] Combined format?
>

> But on principle, I'm unlikely to buy a book with only one-third
> (potentially) interesting content.

I agree that this is a potential problem with the new format. However, I
think overall the new Epitaph idea is fantastic. I mean, the HoE story is
just and well thought out and in depth as the Weird West story - plus no one
said the HoE stuff needed to stay in HoE! Take ideas, snippets of
information or even plotlines (Convert Urban Renewal.. it kicks ass), and
put them in a game you run. Lost Colony, I'm sure, will be much the same.

I love reading magazine articles, bits from other games, or even watching
Buffy (or I used to... sigh) to get ideas to throw around (no kidding. Buffy
had a fantastic idea on the Hansel and Gretel story). Interestingly enough,
I learned more about the Weird West from the early HoE stuff than I did
about HoE. It allowed me to fill in the gaps between the two where I
couldn't have before, while helping flesh out HoE a little as well.

I guess my point is, don't say you're not interested just yet. Let them get
the format set up and they just might surprise you. I think it's a good idea
and hope it allows greater profit for them. Plus, since they're not all
working on 4 books at once, the editing might even get better! Woohoo!

Sinister Dexter
sinisterdexter@mindspring.com