Re: [DL] New Idea (was: Re: [DL] Combined format?$$$$$$$$$$ (GOFF))

>  But also think about what the combined books will be able to give us
> that it really isn't feasible to do in a source book.  Europe comes to mind.  A
> different European country every month would eventually get that region
> covered.

Possibility. It *would* be interesting to see how the Reckoning has
affected the rest of the world. A smaller format just describing the
current situations in different countries, with maybe some new
Archetypes, would be better than an entire book dedicated to countries
across the lake, which would detract from the distinctly western feel
that Deadlands has.

But, you can usually only write so many sourcebooks about the different
Archetypes and western locales without getting really in-depth and
writing books about one specific town/city/whatever. I would consider
the possibility that this might be coming about.

Other than that, seeing the Collegium, Unholy Alliance and Texas Rangers
would be good, but there would have to be other big, ground breaking
events to justify a new book.

Unless everyone wants books about the middle section of the country.
"OOOH! The Nebraska sourcebook is out! And they updated the 'Animal
Husbandry' Skill from the Oklahoma sourcebook! I always thought it
should have been a Mien-based skill! Ooooh! The 'Corn Grower', 'Dirt
Farmer' and 'Cow Puncher' Arcane Backgrounds!"

Seeing the Northwest in a book [Great Weird North?] would definitely be
a plus.

Other than that, all I can suggest is to try the combined format and see
how it works out.

Mike
--
"You know you've found the woman of your dreams when she says you can
'tap her mana'."