Re: [DL] Canada prices (Shane or John)

>From: Jolly Roger <philipp.savun@VR-Web.de>
>To: deadlands@gamerz.net
>Subject: Re: [DL] Canada prices (Shane or John)
>Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:31:23 +0200
>

> > Now, that last paragraph is merely supposition--I know nothing about how
> > overseas distribution works. But I can dream...
>
>So? Then these must be nightmares!-), at least when speaking of local game
>stores...
>For oversea products there seam to be no standard prices. As an example, my
>local store, having almost the monopol for RPGs around here sells the D&D3
>for
>70 DM(~35$), whereas my online store (and the cheapest I know) sells it for
>38
>DM (~18$ <---NO JOKE!!!). One $ is definitely more then 2 DM.
>Okay that online store is really cheap, but that local game store is REALLY
>expensive. For Deadlands products the difference is not as big, but there
>is
>still one.

I almost had a copy of Hol:buttery wholesomeness on ebay but the guy
wouldn't ship outside of germany.  The last bid was like 30-45 DM which
translated to 3.25 or something.  The ammout was ludicrist, I haven't
checked the actual conversion rates, Ebay was very wrong.  I guess.  Here is
the rate according to the market 2.2382 DM per dollar.  That isn't a whole
lot, would mean 40 to 50 Dm for your average sourcebook.

Oversea's shipping on the otherhand....hoo boy don't even want to think
about it.

Ronald conner