Re: [DL] Abracadabra...

>Hi!
>
>I'm Frank Sennholz and I'm new to this list. I'm coming from germany (so
>I took the hinderance: ferner) but unfortunatly I didn't took gift of
>gab, so I hope you don't mind if my english will sometimes sound...
>strange.
>
>Anyway, I'm planning to start my Deadland campaign with 'Abracadabra and
>an Arab Cadaver' from 'Hucksters & Hexes'. (As soon as our curent gm
>finished her Vampire-story) Did anyone of you played this adventure? Any
>comments? Any problems wich may occur? Or some additional ideas to spice
>the story up?

Hi Frank, welcome to deadlandsaholics anoymous.

I ran said adventure and found it a rouseing success.  Some things to
remember.  Play dillinger up to the hammyiest hights.  He is a hack and a
pompous old fool.  The train ride is a great way to hook a posse on a series
of adventuers.  In my case the final baddie used puppet and took hold of
dillenger for a solid week.  The result was the posse couldn't get paid
until he came out of it and had to run the train themselves.  Which got them
right into Night train.  The banditos...use more than the recomended ammount
2 is not nearly enough. For the big battle make good use of the darts and
the magic users.  they didn't allow for enough In my opinion.  Use more than
2 per mage it makes the whole thing more of a challenge.

Also If you make the stone dissappear about half way through the posse
freaks...even if dillenger is wearing it.  As long as they don't know where
it is they are so scared...Finally for the big baddie wizard guy.  He's not
going to win.  But make it look that way.  If the whole posse gets knocked
out by darts have them wake up in the hold of a ship, or someplace really
dark and nasty.  Then the wizard can explain the whole of his plan while
they struggle to escape from some rediculous trap.  Indiana jones style.
The back story on this never really comes out unless they have to chase the
stone across the country, through the hunting grounds for some final battle
with the big guy in the middle east.

now did you want an adventure or some kind of uber-campaign?

Ron Conner