Re: [DL] Crossovers

>Crossover reminds me of the horrendous Marvel Comics themes that ruined the
>universe for me.  Although this was mentioned earlier by someone (whom I
>can't remember, my apologies to whoever stated it), the mention of the word
>crossover, in any context, brings back the memories of the Infinity
>Gauntlet
>Saga...
>
>     Sorry bout the ranting...

Just to add to that well oiled sentiment.  The sjgames playtest of gurps is
going rather poorly If you ask me.

I'm not sure what the point is.  To make gurps players like deadlands or to
make deadlands players like gurps, because the latter sure isn't working.

Gurps as a system (sorry going a bit OT here) seems to be the crown prince
of rules lawyers, wannabe game designers, and people with too much free
time.  They don't like the deadlands style (text and grammer wise y'all)
they don't want to use cards, or poker chips or even anything but a d6 for
crying out loud.  Now i'm all for porting deadlands out to a format that
will allow for greater flexability within the game but what is the point of
converting all the money in the book into Gurps dollars when nobody in
deadlands uses Gurps Dollars.  What you want to land your illuminati
spaceship and walk out in the middle of Lost Angels.  Walk into a general
store and buy a farkin pound of ghost rock!  Great jumpin JC man.

The rules I can understand will need a bit of tweaking but makeing hucksters
nothing more than glorified mages with mana levels and such is quite stupid
if you ask me.  Any future books with Gurps and deadlands in the title will
just be asking for more trouble IMO.  The system works,  Gurps works to a
degree.  Why mess overly with something that works.  You can't just use the
same old way of doing things when the world doesn't logicly support it.
There is no mana in deadlands.  No ammout of editorial tweaking is going to
put hover tanks in a DL game.  None!

Rant, Rant, Flame, Flame FLAME!.

somebody tell me I'm not alone.  Somebody please just mail me and say, I
hear ya, Gurps is wacked.  Deadlands is better off without them.

That's all I really want to hear....

Ronald Conner