Re: [DL] mountie question

At 11:18 AM 9/28/2000 EDT, The Immortal Steve Long wrote:
>    The section on the Mounties that I had in the LAW DOGS manuscript was
>pretty short -- I didn't have the time to do much research, nor the space to
>give them a big writeup.  AFAIK the material was cut on the assumption that
>material on the NWMP would be in GREAT WEIRD NORTH. Anyhow, here's the stuff:

<snipped, eh>

	Also from Steve's unbutchered original manuscript, here's how Mounties
benefit from the Rank Edge:

Cost	Rank
2      Mid-Ranking Officer: Examples include Mountie Lieutenants.

3	High-Ranking Officer: Mountie Captains and Majors are examples.

Rank 2: Unfortunately for them, the Mounties don't have a big fancy library
of occult lore or a gizmo laboratory.  But they've got lots of horses and
guns.  A Mountie who reaches this Rank may choose either an exceptional
horse (pick one quality from Deadlands, page 64) or a gun of quality as
part of their gear.

Rank 3: A High-Ranking Mountie receives whichever item of quality he did
not select at Rank 2.

	Hope this helps!

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: Deadlands: The Weird West Revised Edition
Co-Author: Tales o' Terror: 1877, Back East: The South & the JLA Sourcebook
Reviewer: Games Unplugged Magazine
Southern by the Grace of God