RE: [DL] Hack and Slash Deadlands

> The posse I marshal goes thru phases, so I try to go along with them, of
> "Hack 'n' Slash 'n' Shoot 'n' Explode" and "Wow, cool, another clue!"  If
> they insist on staying in violent mode too long, they get sloppy, and
> usually die in spectacular ways.

<snip the rest of Jeff's comments>

This is pretty much how I've found it.  If my PC's stand and fight
against numerous opposition they tend to go down in flames. Quite
often though I am faced with a couple of characters that get 5 cards,
and just dodge on the two actions the bad guys get.  Rolling high
values they never get touched, so I started mixing in two types of
enemy and so had two lots of two cards.  They would never dodge for
four actions and so would end up picking and choosing when to dodge
[choosing alternatives like, using tactics would never cross their
mind :-)], they invariably choose the wrong time to stand still and
only end up going for cover after they've lost body parts.

However the great thing about Deadlands is that there is always
that possibility of getting a second chance ;-)

Roy

All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses
and vandals.