Re: [DL] Hack and Slash Deadlands

cbazaar@pcpartner.net wrote:

> I know this is going to sound pathetic but the group that I am running no
> longer wants to think in thier scenarios. All they want is Hack and Slash
> Deadlands. So what I am asking is has anyone out there run any hack and
> slash deadlands and if so can you give me some ideas. I am alos wondering if
> I could find a new group to marshal for in central Iowa. A group that likes
> to think would be really nice for a change.

Hmm... give 'em hell. Don't kill 'em, but give 'em hell. Maybe they
shoot an innocent bystander and he comes back as a ghost to cause
trouble. Or let them find out that they detroyed a realy powerful
artifact during an unnessasary fight. Have some importent people killed
by them.

Make it clear to them what it means that they killed someone. Give them
detail, let them see the victim suffer. Let the victim cry and scream
for his mom. No clear and easy kills!

Or give them something to play with (Hackmaster +12 sword...) and then
destroy it in a stupid, senseless fight they provoked. Later, during the
showdown, let them suffer for not having this item.

And remenmber: sometimes bullets don't kill, they cripple. Just imagine
a gunslinger who cannot use his trigger finger anymore. (He can still
use fannin'. Kinda cool...)

So, if you want real roleplaying, give them hack'n'slash and some
trouble and let them deal with it. But don't kill them. A new PC is just
a bunch of numbers, he comes alive during play. When the PC's are alive,
the player are less likley to risk their PC's, so they think twice
before they risk their charakter.

Thats all for now...
Frank Sennholz