Re: [DL] Hack and Slash Deadlands

> I know this is going to sound pathetic but the group that I am running no
> longer wants to think in thier scenarios. All they want is Hack and Slash
> Deadlands. So what I am asking is has anyone out there run any hack and
> slash deadlands and if so can you give me some ideas. I am alos wondering if
> I could find a new group to marshal for in central Iowa. A group that likes
> to think would be really nice for a change.

I knew a AD&D DM who once gave his players a +6 Longsword vs. Peasant
Slaying.  The +6 meant it always killed a peasant in one hit, and the
high bonus meant that it was sentient.  So it would always bounce out of
the scabbard and impale a peasant at the worst possible times.

They got run out of towns, nobody would heal them.  They had to live
like outcasts, because they couldn't get rid of the sword.

So you might try running them in Rotwood
(http://www.pre-press.com/6thbullet/adventures/rotwood.htm)
and give someone the Dead Man's Gun.  It kills so horribly, so
completely, that they'll become outlaws in no time at all, and the worst
of the worst badguys will come hunting for them (to steal The Gun,
probably), and the Best of the Best will come to put them down.  Imagine
having every government agency gunning for your ass.

But The Gun's a double-edged sword, so watch that they don't start
enjoying it too much.
--
                      Chris Nelson <cnelsonweb@hotmail.com>
                                             HTML Terrorist