RE: [DL] Becoming Blessed

Blessed under which religion?  I can't speak for most, but Catholics seem to
only need to be "called."  (The priest that married me to my wife has many
stories of his sordid past before he felt his calling to the priesthood.)
That said, it would seem the character would need some Faith, some
Professional:Theology (you aren't a Catholic priest until you've been to the
seminary, for ex.), and then spend points on the Arcane Background.  You've
gotta believe, you've gotta know about what you believe in, and you have to
be touched by a higher power.  Other religions may be more strict about
entrance requirements.

That said, any Marshal worth his badge (you all do have your badges, don't
you?) will promptly test this new-found faith in the most terrible of ways
as a matter of course.  It may not be officially required to put the new
Blessed thru Hell -- sometimes literally -- but it sure is fun!

Now, I haven't had the chance to playtest any of this, because my players
are all heathens (or at least play them in game ;-)  They also tend to get
themselves killed on a regular basis, so I don't have any problems with
scores higher than 5 or 6, so I can't comment on the other bits of the
thread.  (There is one exception, but his die types are abysmal, so he
rarely rolls terribly high numbers anyway.)

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynomite Gang  (they did manage to survive Worms! intact)