Re: [DL] Reflect Hex (Goff)

> I've had questions from players citing their characters as having Aptitudes
> at 12+. I've never had a character with an above 8 in an Aptitude myself,
> but remember we're writing the books for a very wide audience. :-)

Methinks some posses survive too long in the Weird West. :-)

> No, the huckster casting Reflect doesn't suffer the damage.

Does this not make Reflect a whole lot better than a standard
damage stopping hex like Bodyguard?

Comparing the top level Black Magicker with a level 5 Bolt O'Doom
which does <cough>D<cough> damage and throwin' it at a Hexslinger,
who

(a) If he casts Reflect - for 3 of a kind, not only avoids all
damage, but the Black Magicker takes the damage instead.

(b) If he casts Bodyguard and gets 3 of a kind, he gets a reduction
of 6 wounds (might be a few more - don't have H&H with me at the
moment).

If you do the sums for (b), (there are people out there who can do
the average roll and odds much better than I could) but I would
suggest that a hexslinger casting (b) would be much worse off than
(a)

OK, Bodyguard is a more general purpose hex than Reflect as it
protects against all forms of damage, however Reflect automatically
lets the caster take no damage and do that damage instead.

I'm not crying "it's too overpowered", I'll see how it plays in our
group before I do that :-), assuming of course that someone decides
to learn it.

BTW, would it be possible if your Black Magicker was also Hexslinger
to reflect the reflected Bolt O'Doom back at the Hexslinger?  Would
the hand required depend on the Hexslingers skill or on the original
Bolt O'Doom level?

Bolt O'Doom tennis anyone?

Roy
All internet traffic to this site is