Re: [DL] Language skills--OT

>>>Remember, it requires the ability to be able to read and comprehend
simple
>>>English language. :-)

>>> Grimm

> > Please allow me to apologize to all of our subscribers for whom
> > english
> > is not the primary language.
> > Bryce

> I don't think apologies are necessary in this case.  Chances are, if
> someone has very poor skills regarding the English language here, they
> ARE a native speaker.  It's the people who weren't born into the language
> and actually put effort into learning it that know how to speak.
> Rich Ranallo

Remember, though, that there is a marked difference between one's knowledge
of the spoken as opposed to the written forms of the language - any
language. Of course, written English is often perceived as problematic to
the native and non-native language user alike as it has such heavily
fossilised spelling system.
But maybe this is all getting a little serious about the original,
off-the-cuff remark; I would hope that Grimm's comment was nothing more than
a flippant aside (albeit a slightly off-colour one.)

Sam de Smith