Re: [DL] Wyatt Earp(the movie)

Ronald Conner wrote:

> People may want to skip this because I'm ranting somewhat wildly and going
> off on only semi "Deadlands" related topics.
>
> But here goes.
>
> I just caught a piece of "Wyatt Earp" on TV.  Kevin constner...(barf!)
>
> The acting in this movie has got to be some of the most flat, unintresting,
> lame excuse for a western I've ever seen!  For starters they let him direct.
>   Always a bad Idea in my mind.  Second I think the only reason he made this
> movie is because they wouldn't let him have the part in Tombstone. (thank
> god!)
>
> The only good part of this movie is in one scene his drug addict wife tries
> to shoot him.  That's about it.
>
> I can only say thank goodness deadlands wasn't based on that movie.  Give me
> Val Kilmer over some no name wacko anyday.

Dennis Quaid is a "no name wacko"?? :)

Actually, I much preferred _Wyatt Earp_ to _Tombstone_, and Quaid to
Kilmer. They just seemed less silly to me. However, I can see how
someone would prefer _Tombstone_.

Dan

--
"Beware the inveterate punster, Doyle, it's a sure sign of brewing
mental disturbance." -- Jack Sparks (to Arthur Conan Doyle), _The List