Re: [DL] Rant!

>Stuff like this is what I like to hear.  It's good to see that someone
>out there is listening to the concerns of us fans.
>The main thing, which I think you've covered, is that we're all hoping
>that what we're looking at now (having almost nothing released at all)
>doesn't become the long-term plan for Pinnacle.  It seems that this is
>just one of those reorganization delays that gamers have to live with
>from time to time (Of  course, it came at a bad time; you guys missed out
>on the holiday rush).
>The e-books are kinda neat, and the format works nicely for things like
>The Epitaph, but I hope we're not going to see the "essentials" get done
>strictly as e-books.  I want to have purple books on my shelf when Lost
>Colony comes out, not a crappy black binder with a masking-tape label.

The e-books are intended to bring back out-of-print books that
wouldn't otherwise be reprinted, and for products that aren't a good
fit for retail stores. We're working on creating adventure modules
with interesting electronic enhancements as e-books. Core rules and
sourcebooks will be traditional books for retail stores.
--
- Steve Peterson, Cybergames.com