Re: [DL] OT: Power Macintosh Cube

Seanchai at Seanchai@compuserve.com wrote:

>>> In case of the latter, is there enough room under the cube to fit this
> adapter, given the way Apple has laid it out?<<
>
> We got a Cube at work (the college paper) and out old 21" monitor does
> not work with it. With our G3s, the monitor drew power from from the back
> of the CPU through a "reverse" connector type thing. With the Cube, the
> monitor gets its power some other way (can't remember just how). So you
> might want to really investigate further before you get on board.
> Otherwise, the Cube is pretty cool.

Well, that's true, but the monitor can draw it's power from a wall connector
just as easily (you just need to get a different power cable).  It's the
connector for the monitor I am wondering about; is it the old-style
Macintosh connection (wider than a PC connection, though I don't remember
how many pins offhand) or the narrower, PC-style connector that is used in
Apple's laptops as well.

Apologies to whoever on the list is already bored with the question...  <g>
--
Ross Coburn
coburn@sympatico.ca