Re: [DL] adventure Q

>>I have the player's guide, marshal's handbook, and rascals, varmints, and
>>critters.  I'm looking now for some good, 'official,' adventures.  Any
>>suggestions?  Boxed or unboxed - does not matter.

Welcome aboard Ricky. :-)

Several good adventures lurk at the end of the various splatbooks.

"Abracadbra and an Arab Cadaver" from "Hucksters and Hexes" is a good one, and

"The Mission" from the back of Fire and Brimstone has also been mentioned. It
is a deliciously creepy one too.

"The Road to Hell" is a good "Legion-of-Doom" type adventure that pits the
posse against one of almost every AB. It also is mighty tough, and is part of
a larger storyline, should you want to go down the campaign trail. Be warned,
though, "Heart o'Darkness" and "Fortress o'Fear" are both pretty lethal, and
FoF [in my own opinion] requires a bit of tinkering with in order to make
work.

"Ghost Busters" is also a nice campaign feel to it, but it does give away one
or two of DL's cooler secrets pretty quickly if you've never played before.
Save that one for later, but do play it. It's really good.

Another campaign book of sorts is "Canyon o'Doom." Don't know if it's good
for beginners...might want to wait for a little while, but it is definitely
worth a read.

Several of the Dime Novels are also good bang for the buck. "Night Train" is
pretty deadly, as is "Adios A-Mi-gos."  "Skinners" is pretty good, and so is
"Worms!"

The two adventures included in the boxed sets are both really classy too.
"Pass the Salt" is from "The Great Maze," and "Trouble a'Brewin'" is from
"River o'Blood."

If you're planning on getting the splatbooks anyway, I'd probably start
there. Then get one of the boxes. There are a few other adventures in other
books, but, in my opinion, the ones I listed are the best place to start.

--Jacques (Chris' friend)