[DL] Purchasing from the Pinnacle site.

Well, I just did my part for the week, and since a few folks had questions
about how it works, I thought I'd let 'em know what my experience was like.

Firstly, I emailed Shane and was told that, depending on the contents of the
order (which I am not going to divulge, 'cause I have more than one player
lurking here) it would be processed between Tuesday and Friday (big orders
first?  Last?  Depends how much junk Shane has to shift to get at specific
books?), and that it ought to take 3-7 days to reach me here in Montreal,
depending on our customs people (who can be a breeze, or redefine anal
depending, apparently, on a whim).

Furthermore, for the guy who asked about Canadian shipping, well, I wasn't
charged for it.  This could be an oversight in the program, mind, but I
suspect that when you're ordering from PEG, they might eat it since every
cent of the cover price goes in their pockets (and out the other end for
bills, I know) otherwise.

I'll let you know when it gets here.  I am especially interested/anxious
about how they pack the stuff, since there is, well, some valuable stuff in
the box.

--
Ross Coburn
coburn@sympatico.ca