Re: [DL] general ramblings (spoilers)

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 05:05:20PM +1000, s said:
> 1/ (SPOILER)

> yesterday I ran "last stop" for my posse in my campaign.

 [snip]

> Plenty of fate chips later two posse members had to abort due to wounds

 [snip]

> He went in and rescued the pinkerton as he was defeated by the dessicated
> dead (winded).

 Okay, has anybody actually run The Last Stop and NOT had the posse's ass
 get kicked (without bailing them out with a Deus Ex Machina town Marshal,
 or otherwise)?  I ran it with the character archetypes that come with it,
 and they got badly beaten by the coyotes.

> What book is good for knowledge about the deadlands world in general?
> Mainly I'm referring to the weather, the effect of the war upon daily life,
> do railroads ignore the war, or are they tightly embroiled etc etc. I don't
> own many deadlands books, but I'm starting to collect 1 each month.

 Probably the best one for that kind of thing is Tales o' Terror, which I
 just finished reading on Saturday.  It's got a lot more info about the War
 and indeed the Great Rail Wars than anything else.  The Player's Handbook
 for the revised edition also has some useful info at the start, which
 covers things like cost of travel as well as general life in the Weird
 West.  I haven't seen anything that deals with weather (I'd love to see a
 random table done up by somebody who knows, or even some guidelines).  For
 the record, the railroads mostly ignore the war - all that effects them is
 when they cross over the border of a country that might take exception to
 them (Dixie Rails going into Union lands, Union Blue going into the
 Confederacy, Bayou Vermillion heading into Injun Territory and so on).  Oh
 yeah, and there is the matter of lucrative government contracts to be taken
 into consideration.  But at the end of the day, their bag is money, not
 politics.

 Wishkah

--
       | This is pointless and will only promote in-jokes and cliquism.|

Sillicon: 6th, 7th and 8th of April 2001.
  http://sillicon.redbrick.dcu.ie/