[DL] Charting Survival vs. Fate Chips

I noticed some one asked if anyone had survived the
Last Stop.  I have not run the Last Stop but I did
notice that the last person who posted about the Last
Stop said they ran the gaming using the unrevised
rules.

Combined with the fact that my posse survives every
adventure with hardly a scratch no matter what I throw
at them and it seems like the posses on this list are
rolling up new characters every other week, I've
formulated a theory.

The person who lasted posted about the Last Stop
mentioned that they were NOT running under the revised
edition.  I run the revised edition.  In fact I have
never seen the original edition.  I think there is a
HUGE difference in the way fate chips are awarded in
the two revisions.

From the suplements I've read that came out before the
revised edition I get the impression that Fate Chips
were awarded for discovering particularly well hidden
and major clues and anytime a hinderance... well...
hindered a character.  Everything else was awarded in
straight bounty.  This makes Fate chips very rare.

The REVISED edition you hand out Fate Chips in all the
places you used to hand out Bounty.  You still hand
out Fate Chips for Hinderances.  And *I* hand out Fate
Chips for good role playing.  Note: I also allow my
posse to go above 10 Fate Chips DURING the game.  They
have to discard down to at least 10 at the end of the
game.

Now, I'm wondering if I'm just too generous with my
fate chips.  I generally hand out a white chip every
time someone does something funny/dramatic.  Or is the
fact that you now hand out Fate Chips instead of
bounty really a significant difference in terms of
survival?

Jesse