Re: [DL] Charting Survival vs. Fate Chips

--- Bob Fletcher <bobfletch@erols.com> wrote:
> Now, I'm wondering if I'm just too generous with
> my fate chips.  I generally hand out a white chip
> every time someone does something funny/dramatic.
> Or is the fact that you now hand out Fate Chips
> instead of bounty really a significant difference in
> terms of survival?

In my posse, the fate chips usually fly pretty thick
at us when we're heavily roleplaying at the beginning
of the module.  Good in character interaction and
playing up Hinderances are the most common causes of
earning chips, although they're almost ALWAYS white.
We've had maybe 5 total red chips earned for heroic
sacrifics and playing in character even though the
players knew it would likely get them killed, and
there has been ONE blue chip earned for role playing,
ever.

We also use first edition rules, so we don't get
bounty in chips and therefore hold them over that
often, although several of us are hoarding up bounty
for later die type increases.

At the end of a given module, we usually each have a
precious few chips left over for bounty; I'd say an
average of 5.  We tend to spend them ALL in combats to
keep ourselves alive!  I've noticed that the Arcane
Background characters tend to save up the reds and
blues much more often than the gunfighters, because
they do alot more rolls that require higher results.

As far as survival goes, the last two modules we've
lost at least one character, and this last module we
finished on Saturday killed our long-standing
Harrowed.  In addition, our Marshall's been holding
ALL the blues for about three modules now, and we've
wittled him down to I think only three or four.  We're
-real- excited about that!

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen