RE: [DL] Charting Survival vs. Fate Chips

--- "Spence, Roy" <r.spence@weir.co.uk> wrote:
> Don't know if there is anywhere in the rules that
> says not to, but I make
> sure that I keep a hold of mine; 2 Blues, 2 Reds and
> 3 Whites at the moment :)

Guys, could somebody maybe point towards a book page
on this one?  I'm not at ALL trying to double guess my
Marshall, but I'm curious if this is a convention or
an actual rule.

> I tend to give out bounty only and let the posse use
> their fate chips to
> soak damage, although they can trade their chips for
> bounty if they wish.  I
> keep a note and add up all the bounty and give them
> it after the adventure
> rather than during it - maybe not the way the book
> says - but it works for me.

This is the entire reason I got so hooked on DeadLands
in the beginning. We had just finished a disasterous
attempt at Shadowrun, and we were all frustrated that
karma never was around at the end of the module.
Bounty points and fate chips are the perfect way for a
Marshall to balance character development with letting
the players surviving the experience!

Plus it has that perverse thrill of getting away with
cheating.  ;)

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen