Re: [DL] OK, pardners, LISTEN UP!

"Graveyard Greg" <graveyardgreg@juno.com> wrote:

> Graveyard Greg is now the new bad boy of http://www.i-rpg.com
>
> It's just starting up, so I want to make the formal statement of "I am
> looking for reviews of gaming products!"
>
> So, if you have a favorite game that you want to review, send me a
> minimum of 500 words/maximum 1000 words to editor@gamecodex.com--if I
> like it, I'll post it, fair enough?
>
> I hope to get some good reviews, since you guys and gals are good at it!

Actually Greg, while I applaud your looking for reviews and thus promoting
good games (or warning people away from less good ones), the idea that "if I
like it, I'll post it" kind of undermines the site's credibility, in my mind
at least.

After all, what if I were to write a very negative review of Deadlands (not
going to happen, of course), which you are of course the Number One Fanboy
of.

Would you then trash it in favour of more glowing reviews and/or propaganda?

Note, I am not getting all bent out of shape over here, and I hope no one
else will, but that kind of censorship kind of raises some red flags in this
corner of the list.

Danke,
--
Ross Coburn