RE: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20010202

	Actually, that's how I see the whole 'manitou INSPIRED' inventing
process.

	The Mad Scientist comes up with the basic 'concept' - ie a device
that throws something at his enemies far away and frags them but good.

	The manitou then takes that idea and runs with it.   It prods the MS
in the (as far as it is concerned) 'right' direction and gives him little
jolts of creative 'juice' to keep him bubbling along the right 'path'.

	Just because the MS WANTS a specific thing, doesn't mean the manitou
is going to actually let him have that particular thing.   If the manitou
sees the opportunity to cause more mayhem than was originally intended, do
you think they're likely to stop simply because the MS they work through
didn't actually want that?

	I think the previous author (sorry, don't know your name) who came
up with the "there are a lot of cards in the deck and only two jokers" has
the concept of the manitous working through Mad Scientists just right.
They're SUPPOSED to whisper encouragingly in the MS's ear, and goad them to
bigger and better (badder?) inventions.

	They're supposed to be insidious and sneaky and let us not forget,
EVIL...

	Ashley.

	<SNIP>