Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20010202

| this sounds a bit funny, but it still doesn't address the issue of
| complicated gizmos (eg a submersible) having high reliability most/all of

| the time, due to the high roll required in order to get the cards. I know

| that  labs and books etc etc help, but I consider them separate from the
| main 'system'.

Here's an idea: raise the base reliability of all gadgets (say, 15), and
change reliability adjustment from a function of the dice to a function of
the cards.  Say, +2 reliability for each hand rank above the requirement.

B. D. Flory

"It was the nation and the race dwelling all around the globe that had the
lion's heart.  I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar."
                                                  -Winston Churchill