[DL] Armor rules

Howdy,

I am fresh DL Marhall, generally very impressed about the game, but somewhat
struggling with the rules. I have two questions about armor in DL.

First:
Revised players handbook states, that any armor have a odd chance of
deflecting incoming bullet. Do is this true, even for brestplate or small
iron plate sewn into jacket? It would give a wearer 50% protection against
any shot that hit covered location. Pretty good deal, indeed.

Second:
Any ideas how to discourage the players from riding from wearing said
breastplates?
Posse's gunslinger recently bought such armor. I penalized her with 1 point
penalty to most Nimbleness checks (including ridin' and dodge rolls) and
stated that if she goes to duel with that "illegal" protection, she will be
charged for cold blooded murder. That of course not stopped my sweet
gunwoman from wearing brestplate, and, basicaly, its not problem, but rest
of the posse saw possibility. And this is problem. I do not want posse of
iron men. They are good roleplayers, I could talk do them, and use
persuasion, but I simply prefer make armor not such good deal.
Again, any ideas?

Yours truly

Tomasz F Misiorek

---
sprawdz sekcje sercowa i wyslij za naszym posrednictwem swoja WALENTYNKE
 http://www.promocja.kki.pl/walentynki/walentynki.html
---