OT Re: [DL] RE:What's wrong with CoC??

"Ashman, Joel" wrote:

> What's wrong with Cthulhu?  Or what don't you like?  (a better question)
> I've been playing for years, and think it is great.  Combat is simple.
> Character advancement is simple and realistic.  Bullets kill (humans) with 1 shot (unlike DL).  Monsters are 'nigh-invulnerable.'  There also isn't a lot of dice rolling.  The game is really a roleplaying game vs. a game of rules.

I tend to run a slighly more "high-powered" pulp-style CoC game where
(gasp) the players actually have a chance of suriving more than one
adventure with mind and body intact. I like lots of nifty supernatural
abilities (which is what attracted me to Deadlands as a possible game
engine, its got almost everything).

Andrew Ross (arosslaw@earthlink.net)