Re: OT Re: [DL] RE:What's wrong with CoC??

 > What's wrong with Cthulhu?  Or what don't you like?  (a better question)

Skill dilution.  Just to start the game with average skills you have to be
Wile E.Coyote - Super-Genius.

"Let's see, I know how to drive a car, shoot a shotgun, pistol, rifle and a
crossbow.  I know how to do library research, perform first aid, swim,
climb and have taken some classes in these X sciences during my college
years. . .  "

It's also a failure oriented system.  Say you blew a large chunk of your
starting points on Pilot Aircraft.  You have a 60% in it.  That means
you're going to crash that plane 40% of the time anything even mildly
dangerous happens.  I can see being failure oriented in combat, but the
same process goes for Swim, Climb, etc.  In order to be able to just rely
on a skill, you need a 75% in it.

And you just don't have enough points for more then one skill like that.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

I made a wrong mistake.