Re: [DL] The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne

I liked the bit about the bad guy (Count something-or-other, was it?) being
kept alive by (and made out of) machines. I liked the idea of dueling
airships. I liked the fact that they came to America. I liked... hmmm, I
seem to have run out of 'I liked's.

I hated the fact that, despite the fact that the Count's face was clearly
the only unarmored spot on him, Fogg never made an attempt to shoot him
there. They could have had a shot bounce off his partial face-mask, to show
that he at least -tried-.

I hated the reason why the Legion of Doom (or whatever they're called) was
going to use the airship to beat the snot out of the Union troops. Something
about 'aiding the cause of slavery', or somesuch nonsense. Groups like that
don't come together in order to do 'evil'. Even the most militant hate
groups believe that they're in the right; that they're the 'good guys'
versus those who oppose them. Most groups that do bad things do so for
money, and not simply for the sake of doing evil.

I loathed the fact that the Fogg's southern belle gets shot, in his arms, by
the villain they assumed they had just beaten (or at the very least,
escaped), in that villain's last act (of evil) before getting blown up. I
mean, how cliched is that? Good job there, Count, got a little more evil in
before the day ends...

I also wanted to hear more about how that neural implant-thingy (that got
stuck on the captain) worked. What was the theory? What was the method of
thought transference? Well? Sigh...

Verne is still the least interesting character on the show. Even
Passepartout comes across better. I thought Verne's lingering gaze over
Rebecca's semi-clad shoulders was cute, though he was probably just
wondering if she knew that they were wearing the same bra.

I don't know. Some parts of the show are improving (which still isn't saying
much), but they could sure use better writers. I'll bet we List-ers could
(and have) put together better scripts, hey?

Derek D. Bass
Etheric Musings - The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://members.home.net/wangenstein/ether.htm

Boy that one last night was.... was.... oooh....
stunk.

frempath
nebr.terr.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com