Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20010226

--- Tifainé <pusifoot@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Our Marshall is the only one of the group that runs
> Deadlands.  He has asked
> that we don't look at spoilers or the Marshall's
> section or the No Man's
> Land sections that he has not approved for our use.
> Why?  Because he wants
> to be able to use the things in those sections in
> game to give us stuff to
> work with - plot hooks, surprises, etc.

From our local ordinances:

"1.  Several books are off limits.  Anybody seen
reading an off limits book suffers whatever penalty
the Marshal sees fit including but not limited to:
loss of character, loss of experience, being forced to
take the Veteran Hinderance for no points, or
expulsion from the game. This same penalty applies for
reading sections that are currently forbidden to you."

16.  Policy on info gathering:  While the Marshal
cannot monitor all the information you get it is
requested that you not violate the book rules on your
own or talk to players of other campaigns/marshals
about secret information or module plots.  This
request has no enforcement policy.  However openly
discussing privileged information that the party has
not earned will result in the loss of chips or any of
the other punishments noted under rule 1.  An awful
lot of money has been paid so that a campaign world is
available for my use and violating this request
increases the amount of work I have to do and pisses
me off.  Please don’t.  This also applies to playing a
game, in any format, run by another Marshal."

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen

P.S.  Tif, we REALLY need a posse name!